Raila Odinga’s net worth is estimated at Ksh 35 billion as at 2017.His wealth spreads across various industries, including petroleum, oil and gas, real estate, customs and aviation industry.
Raila,who is the immediate former Prime Minister of Kenya, started making billions when he associated with former president, Daniel Moi.During that time, he managed to register his company,Spectre International Ltd,which is the only gas manufacturing firm in Kenya.
Raila also managed to build his State House in Kisumu with over Ksh1 billion. He later built a house in Mombasa, registered his Pan African Petroleum Company in Mombasa and several other businesses.
Before we discuss further, here is a list of companies associated with the name Raila Odinga.
- Spectre International Limited (the holding company for Kisumu Ethanol Plant).
- East African Spectre (the gas cylinder manufacturing plant founded by Raila’s late father).
- Raila’s family home in Karen Nairobi.
- Runda House.
- A house in Mombasa
- A Sh 1 billion State House in Kisumu
- Pan African Petroleum Company (the firm through which the Odinga family imports and distributes petroleum products).
- The Kenyan (a newspaper he launched recently)
- Two choppers
Raila Odinga, who is the leader of NASA coalition, accumulated most of his wealth during the coalition government and immediately before NARK was formed. Before then, he was just an ordinary Kenyan who was trying to make ends meet through political activism.
The son of Oginga Odinga is ranked among the wealthiest Kenyans in Kenya.